Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Why I Hate Lost

I know this goes against everything that's good and right about America, but I hate LOST. I HATE LOST.

And here's why.

The last two seasons I hated LOST because it was a show where nothing NOTHING ever happened--and yet people I knew, people I know, would debate what happened on the show as if SOMETHING happened. But NOTHING ever happened. NOTHING. In fact, I can guarantee you that the writers of that show never had a clue as to what they were writing. NOT A CLUE. (and they were laughing all the way to the bank)

But now in the third season the reason I HATE LOST has changed. Now I hate LOST because, I'm sure due to pressure from network suits, they started to write episodes where things happen. The problem is--the writer you hire to write about nothing is not the same writer you should hire to write about something.

By that I mean to say that the people they've got writing Lost couldn't write their way out of a paper bag. In this third season, "The Season Where Something Happens," the crap they've been throwing on the screen would be LAUGHED at LOUDLY if it appeared in a movie or even a TV show. For example, Jack is operating on that GUY and then says he did something so that the guy only has an hour to live. The guy is bleeding to death but somehow, as long as he starts operating within an hour, the guy will be okay. What about the massive loss of blood? Isn't that a wee problem? But let's not dwell on that ridiculousness...in the middle of the guy bleeding to death, he wakes up "because Jack is a surgeon not an anaesthesiologist." The guy WAKES UP!?! WHAT?!? Is he Zeus?

I won't even discuss all the pummelling of people in the head which resulted in nothing more than a few minutes of sleepy time, and all of the shooting at close range and missing (because most shows/movies do that), but how about that daughter lady showing up just at the right time to save Freckles and Long Hair Dude? Huh?!?

And then to top it off, Freckles recounts the story about Jack saving that girl after counting to five and she's balling her eyes out and then she leaves with long hair dude and Crazy Boy. Was this supposed to be a moving scene? If so, why? What the fuck was so moving about hearing a story for a second time that wasn't moving the first goddamn time? Did we have to hear that lame ass story twice?

You know, the writers really ought to stick to the stuff where nothing happens--they're way better at nothing than something.

2 comments:

dizzy17 said...

LOST has been done before. I believe they called it.....GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

mantris said...

It’s very simple ... It started with a good concept but soon they (writers, director and especially marketing people) realized they had a chicken in hands that would lay golden eggs.
Yes, it’s that simple. Then you just keep stirring in the pot but one day your eggs will burst when you overcook them!
I hate marketing people for this simple reason... they screw up everything and turn good things into bad ... but then they have to keep feeding their kids as well ... I understand dudes … Just like anyone else ... Just like me …
in short, LOST is nothing more but a thin storyline that started off with a good concept but is only maintained to keep second hand actors/writers, etc. alive