Sunday, March 18, 2007

Why?

Pretty much everyday I go to the following sites: Foxnews.com, abcnews.com, msnbc.com, cbsnews.com, cnn.com, huffingtonpost.com, crooksandliars.com, and scoop.co.nz, http://independent.co.uk/ and others...

The reason I go to these sites (especially the american ones), besides for the tech and media and advertising stories, is that I keep hoping to see a headline to the effect that Bush/Cheney have been fired. Seriously. And yet, that headline never comes.

Instead...every single day, one of the main stories on each of the major US media websites (fox, msnbc, cbs, abc, cnn) are apologies (read: support) for the Bush/Cheney White House and the Iraq War (like this little prize from msnbc). Perhaps along with an obligatory recount of the latest scandal (gonzales, walter reed, etc...), today's death toll in Iraq, etc... but these are always short-lived and are rarely the lead story. Rather, the lead stories are either weather or animal-related.

I seriously begin to question my sanity--why are we still in Iraq? Why do news organisations cover anything besides Bush/Cheney and Iraq? When will this madness end? Does anyone else care?

Even though I see people comment on stories on huffpo and crooksandliars and others, I can't help but doubt that these people are real or that their concerns are real. In effect, I begin to think I'm alone in how much I want this madness to end.

And then I see someone as Republican as they come, as establishment as they come saying things like this. And it gives me the strength to click through my sites just one more time...with the same hopefulness that I felt the day before.

No comments: