Friday, April 06, 2007

just another sign that new zealand is no different from the USA...

...their cats pur when you pet them.

there's this cat from next door named Lucky who is one of the sweetest cats you'll ever meet. clearly grew up amongst children because it's as patient as can be. me and my one year old daughter were outside petting it. i was gently stroking its fur and the cat had clearly reached that cat-like zen "space" that only cats can achieve. out of nowhere my daughter steps on good ol' Lucky (turning its name into a cruel irony) and the cat literally did a full on Jerry Lewis style, eyes crossed, "Hey Lady" take. wish i had a camera rolling, it'd probably have a million hits on youtube by now.

2 comments:

JT said...

amazing - this from a guy who used to sit on my couch and when my cat sat on his lap he looked down at her, hands at his side, with a look of indifference that was a cross between 'nice kitty,' and 'why is this bag of crap sitting on my lap?' oh how we change.

the internet is not a truck said...

now hold on a second there, tiger. i did say that i wished i had a camera rolling...so there still is a bit of ying with that yang.

also, Simon was, is and always will be an awesome cat...i just happen to be more of a dog person...cats make me nervous.