Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I actually did a George today!

I was at school and there was an almost empty bag of really tasty cookies (or biscuits as they call em here in new zealand) and so i pulled the whole bag out, grabbed the last cookie and threw the empty bag in the trash (or rubbish bin as they call it here). But as I threw the bag in the bin i noticed that there was one more cookie inside. Trouble is I didn't realize this (or realise as they spell it here) until it was too late. When the bag landed, the cookie fell out into the somewhat soggy bottom of the bin. So me being me, I said "shit" (or bloody hell as they say here) (because I really would have liked to have had that last cookie), thought for about one second, shrugged my shoulders and reached back into the bin. At which point, another student happened to walk by and saw me as I grabbed food from the trash. She looked at me like I was an animal (or stupid asshole as they say here). My face turned red, I smiled sheepishly and then I did something that can only be understood if you know me--I indicated with my hand that I was going to return the cookie to the bin but as soon as she turned away (in disgust i might add), I stopped short of placing the cookie back inside. As soon as I was sure she was gone, I walked back to my desk, wiped the wetness from the biscuit (i think it landed in some old coffee), and (only somewhat guiltily) ate it.

2 comments:

mellish said...

Shame on you for posing. You should have eaten it in front of her, belched and then lifted your leg to let loose a nice fart (or at least made the sound w/ your mouth if you couldn't muster one); would've been best to follow up with, "Fuck you. That was a really good cookie."

the internet is not a truck said...

...look if someone were trying to steal my car i'd probably react in the way you mention, but when it's about cookies--my main goal is get some alone time with said cookie...which i got.

when there's a cookie on the line, i will do everything in my power to create the most calm, guilt-free experience possible. it's all about love...not war.