Monday, February 18, 2008

Just ran across this Nielsen stat--thought I'd post

the Internet is surely on the rise in NZ but as of 2007 only 66% of NZers had access to the Internet at home--according to Nielsen Media Research. The WIPNZ research, of which I am involved, shows that 78% of NZers use the internet. So the figures are different probably because the question is different--one is about home use the other about use from anywhere.

Nevertheless, the 66% of home users have broadband is still low compared to the rest of the world....hopefully things will get better soon--the WIPNZ 2009 will hopefully reflect that change.

It's also interesting to note that according to Nielsen there are still some 70% of households who have a vcr at home. But when I was in Wellington in 2007, though my hotel room only had a vcr, I couldn't find a movie rental store that had any tapes whatsoever. what's that about?

No comments: